Visit our websiite at www.artandsoulpreschool.com

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Marbeling Paper



I have been wanting to do marbeling with the kids for some time, and I was excited that we got to it this week.
I have marbeled paper a couple different ways, but this a simple technique for the kids.

Ahead of time I prepared the colors.  Take 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, and 1 teaspoon of food coloring and  then place it in a container with a lid.  Shake it up really well before using.
Use a large plastic tub with a little bit of water, about 1/2 inch.
Using eyedroppers, let this kids add the colors to the water

Once the disered colored oil combination is added, take a fork or some kind of tool that would move around the oil to create designs


Place paper in the pan for about 30 sec. and then slowly lift it up.

I used an old clothes drying rack as my paper drying rack, it works great!

No comments:

Post a Comment